Feedback Strategies

 Feedback Strategies

    Why Do So Many Managers Avoid Giving Praise-

The problem here is a lot of managers do not feel like it is there responsibility to give a lot of positive feedback. They think that when something goes wrong it is their job to fix that, but often when things are going right not all managers understand the importance of giving them that positive reinforcement. From my experience I definitely notice this problem. Bosses should be more open to making their employees feel better.

    Be A Mirror

    This article talks about how we need to be a mirror with our feedback. What I got from this is that sometimes the best feedback is helping people understand things on their own. If we are a mirror to someone this will help them develop their growth mindset. You want to help someone do it on their own not just do it for someone else. Being a guide for someone is good but it is even better to be someones mirror. Helping a person succeed on there own is the best guide for success.


All in all, I definitely need to get better at giving and receiving feedback. This is an important thing for me because I want to work in business and I want to be a manager some day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Philip a Sports Management Major

Week 9 Story: Family Man