Growth Mindset and What It Means To Me

 I had never head or Carol Dweck before or her ideas on growth mindset. This is an interesting topic because it definitely is important for students to struggle to make themselves better, and she talks about how we should reward this. To me if you stay in your comfort zone you are never going to get better. I think some of the top students in their classes get complacent and that is why a lot of kids catch them later on. I feel like most of my life in school at least I have been more focused on the grade and not how much I learned along the way. Something that sticks with me though is in basketball something I learned from the all time great point guard Steve Nash was from one of his quotes, "I am comfortable being uncomfortable." I am excited for this class to take a different approach to learning and see how this affects my success in this class.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Philip a Sports Management Major

Week 11 Reading: The Priceless Gem